Science — Technology — Engineering — Mathematics
Article from the original launch
‘The Odyssey Trust, owners of the SSE Arena, home of the Belfast Giants, hosted Northeastern University, UMass Lowell, Colgate University and Brown University from the prestigious National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to compete in Belfast’s first ‘Friendship Four Tournament” over Thanksgiving weekend (Friday November 26th and Saturday 27th November 2015).
The Festival of STEM ran alongside with the Friendship Four Tournament during the month of November. The event, which had the support of US State Representative Drew O’Brien and the Mayor Marty Walsh of Boston, offered a unique opportunity to strengthen the links between Northern Ireland’s FE and Third Level Education sectors with the US and promote STEM in Sport to a wide audience.’
On November 29th and 30th, 2019 the fifth annual Friendship Four will take place at the SSE Arena Belfast, featuring guest speakers in STEM related subjects.
The Friendship Four Festival of STEM will celebrate five years in 2019. This month-long series of events, which takes place in November every year, will highlight innovation and discovery in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
We develop content with a wide range of industry and academic partners to produce an outstanding programme of activities featuring innovative and high-quality events.
The full programme of events will be announced in September, so please check back for updates. The Friendship Four Festival of STEM has something for everyone!
How to Partner with Us
As a partner of the Friendship Four Festival of STEM, your organisation will highlight their commitment to STEM education, lifelong and life-wide learning ad community engagement. A partnership with the Festival will enable you to:
- Invest in young people by supporting opportunities for skills development, experiential learning and widening participation
- Demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to promoting STEM education and accessible learning opportunities for all, regardless of age, background or gender
- Raise your profile with diverse range of audiences and showcase your oganisation’s work to the public, promoting a better understanding and enabling two-way engagement
- Provide career inspiration
- Support your organisation’s CSR or marketing objectives
We offer our partners the opportunity to create a bespoke partnership package to suit their organisation’s budget and objectives. Perhaps you want to reach a specific audience? Or you would like to provide opportunities for your staff to become involved in community engagement. Or to develop your own public event? Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your options.
Benefits can include:
- Listed as exclusive Festival Partner, including recognition as “The [Company] Festival of STEM”, on all Festival materials, hard copy and online (1 available)
- Opportunity to partner on one event of your choice as part of the Festival of STEM
- Partnership recognition on Belfast Giants and W5 social Media (200,000 + followers)
- Opportunity to address event attendees at a Festival event
- Company logo in a prominent headline position on promotional materials (online and in print)
- Ability to have company popup banner present at all Festival events
- Name listing in news releases and online news articles
- Your logo in a prominent position at Festival events
- Insert in Festival brochure and listing on Festival website
- Tickets to each public event as part of the Festival with VIP Seating
- Tickets to VIP reception on November 29th with the Mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh
- Your company logo branding on rink boards at the SSE Arena during the Friendship Four Tournament
- SSE Arena luxury suite for one or two days of the 2019 Friendship Four Tournament, options to include food platter
- Up to 100 complimentary tickets for one or two games at The Friendship Four Tournament for your staff or a nominated school or youth group
- Volunteer opportunities for your staff as part of the Festival
If you wish to become a partner, or to learn more about partnership opportunities, please contact Victoria Denoon at Victoria@theodyssey.co.uk
Many thanks to previous partners who have allowed this event to take place each year.