Education is a key focus of the Friendship Four:
- Education of youth through sports to create a spirit of mutual understanding and the spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play;
- An exploration of the opportunities that education can provide, both in Northern Ireland and the USA through scholarships and placements;
- Education linked to future job opportunities and economic success. In parallel, the Friendship Four initiative aims to focus on social inclusion – ensuring that young people and communities from rural and urban deprived areas are engaged with education and provided with opportunities to identify relevant areas of study and future potential career paths.
Download the Friendship Four 2019 Microsoft Science & Discovery Month brochure to find out more about the types of educational events and activities run in conjunction with the Odyssey Trust, W5 and how you can get involved.
Science — Technology — Engineering — Mathematics
Article from the original launch
The Microsoft Science and Discovery Month will celebrated five years of associated STEM education events in 2019. This month-long series of events, which takes place alongside the Friendship Four in November each year, will highlight innovation and discovery in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
We develop content with a wide range of industry and academic partners to produce an outstanding programme of activities featuring innovative and high-quality events.
The Microsoft Four Science and Discovery Month has something for everyone!
How to Partner with Us
As a partner of the Microsoft Science and Discovery Month, your organisation will highlight their commitment to STEM education, lifelong and life-wide learning ad community engagement. A partnership with the Festival will enable you to:
- Invest in young people by supporting opportunities for skills development, experiential learning and widening participation
- Demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to promoting STEM education and accessible learning opportunities for all, regardless of age, background or gender
- Raise your profile with diverse range of audiences and showcase your oganisation’s work to the public, promoting a better understanding and enabling two-way engagement
- Provide career inspiration
- Support your organisation’s CSR or marketing objectives
We offer our partners the opportunity to create a bespoke partnership package to suit their organisation’s budget and objectives. Perhaps you want to reach a specific audience? Or you would like to provide opportunities for your staff to become involved in community engagement. Or to develop your own public event? Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your options.
Benefits can include:
- Opportunity to partner on one event of your choice as part of Science and Discovery Month
- Partnership recognition on Belfast Giants and W5 social Media (200,000 + followers)
- Opportunity to address event attendees at a Science and Discovery Month event
- Company logo in a prominent headline position on promotional materials (online and in print)
- Ability to have company popup banner present at all Science and Discovery Month events
- Name listing in news releases and online news articles
- Your logo in a prominent position at Science and Discovery Month events
- Insert in Festival brochure and listing on Science and Discovery Month website
- Tickets to each public event as part of Science and Discovery Month with VIP Seating
- Tickets to VIP reception on November 29th with the Mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh
- Your company logo branding on rink boards at the SSE Arena during the Friendship Four Tournament
- SSE Arena luxury suite for one or two days of the 2019 Friendship Four Tournament, options to include food platter
- Up to 100 complimentary tickets for one or two games at The Friendship Four Tournament for your staff or a nominated school or youth group
- Volunteer opportunities for your staff as part of the Festival
If you wish to become a partner or to learn more about partnership opportunities, please contact Victoria Denoon at Victoria@theodyssey.co.uk
Many thanks to previous partners who have allowed this event to take place each year.